scrub
Level 1: Cadet

Can't get connected with my second (original) email address and password on a replacement laptop

My older PC uses email address  (eg) example@bigpond.com, with its repective password.
My new Laptop with Windows 8.1 was set up with (eg) example2@bigpond.com with its particular password.    Somehow, it also has my old (original) email address as well--which is what I really need to use when I finally scrap my original laptop and have all  subsequent emails directed to the new laptop.
However, when I try and enter my (original) password to this original email address (or any other password) on this new computer, it rejects this as incorrect.
How do I correct this problem--as I still wish to use this original address and password  to continue receiving emails (without having to notify all and sundry that they need to use a different address)?    
Better still, how can I delete the example2 address (that is registered as my main account name when using either laptop on the Telstra Wireless 4G network ), so that I only have one address and one password to worry about!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Can't get connected with my second (original) email address and password on a replacement lapto

Hey scrub,

Could be wrong but the new win O/S doesn't support a POP account so if you've not been upgraded to outlook.com you may need to request an upgrade.

Cheers,
Dave

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit