MitchellDay
Level 1: Cadet

Can't Pay bill

I am getting sick of telstra. 

I have not been able to pay my bills online through the website or the app for months now. I rang up 2 weeks ago to find out what was wrong and they didn't know. So I paid over the phone and said they would fix it.

Suprise.. it is not fixed and I have called 8 times and the automated services keeps disconnecting me, and the chat app is not replying at all. 

This service is absolutely appalling, has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Can't Pay bill

Do you get an error when you try to pay?

Yo should report the problem via https://telstra.com/complaints since the frontline consultants didn't fix the problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi MItchellDay, I trust this can be sorted out for you soon if not already. I'm not aware of any widespread faults with online payments or access via the app. As Jupiter has asked, do you receive any particular error message when trying to make a payment, and is this affecting any of your other services in the app or online portal?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MitchellDay

Yes when trying the website I get a 404 error. When trying through the app it just does the loading spinning icon. 

Still isn't sorted out. The only way i can pay is using the one click feature in the manual pay bill section on the website.

I can't even download any pdf bills current or past ones. It gives me a something went wrong popup. When looking in the dev it says it is a 500 internal server error.

When trying to download pdf

AlphaDonkey

Was this ever resolved? Been having the same issues since November last year.

SunnyS72

Same problem. Took me 1 hour to get someone on the phone who gave me a weblink which shows an error as well.

I can't pay through online '404 error'. 

Can't see my bill to pay through BPay '404 error;'

The app is absolute crap! Cant switch between my accounts or pay home or mobile.

On the other hand, I keep getting collections emails. When I reply to that, it says this mailbox is not monitored.

I BETTER NOT GET CHARGED FOR THIS!!!

boshwosh
Level 4: Private Eye

The other alternative is to pay from your bank account by adding the Telstra bpay details or use paypal. That works for me. 

Jupiter

@SunnyS72 if you are getting emails from collections, that means you have a bigger problem with older debts (months old ones) as it means that it has been passed off to the debt collectors.

Try calling 132200 and say "Credit Management" which should get you through to the people who can tell you what is going on with that.

Also, lodge a complaint about not being able to access your account online.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SunnyS72

@Jupiter @It is very confusing to me that you came to the conclusion of issues with my payment without reading and understanding my post. Let me explain in plain English :

I pay my bills as soon as it hits my app. Done so for years with no bad records.

neither the site nor the app has been working so I am unable to pay my bills for the last month and I spoke with customer service after waiting for almost an hour and they reassured me that I won’t be penalised.

what part of my post didn’t you understand? Or are you on their payroll?

By the way lodging a complaint isn’t working either ...

Jupiter

You said that you had been receiving emails from collections. That indicates that a debt has been forwarded to the debt collectors as that is when those emails are generated. I am just giving a response based upon the information provided by you

I can get through to https://telstra.com/complaints , is it coming up with an error message for you?

And no, I am not on their payroll.

The final option while you wait for Telstra to fix the problem is to go into a Telstra Store. They can bring up your bill there and you can pay it on the spot.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit