Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cancel my sister's contract

Hi there

My name is Tara and I am contacting on behalf of my sister - Grace Barry - whose account this is.

She was recently in Australia for the Adelaide Fringe Festival, end of January to mid-March and got a Telstra account for her duration. Due to COVID-19 she was forced to fly back to Ireland and move back in with our parents, and myself. She subsequently contracted the virus and has been in hospital for the last few weeks. Therefore she was unable to pay her contract, and cancel it. So I have been tasked with trying to clear and cancel her contract. 

Please let me know what I need to provide to make this happen as it is an additional stress on us all, let alone Grace. 

I did try and look for an actual phone number to call, but this seems to be the only way I can contact someone. PLEASE HELP

Tara Barry

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cancel my sister's contract

I hope your sister makes a full and speedy recovery. 

There is a phone number,  +61 439 125 109, but it won't be much help at the moment.  Your best option is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and someone should respond in a few hours/couple of days.

You may have a problem in canceling the account as you won't be on the account as an authorised person. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Cancel my sister's contract

Hi 

Thanks so much for your reply. I will try that. She's given me all her account info so hopefully I can arrange it for her, so it's one less thing on her mind.

T

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit