Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

cancellation of tablet mobile accounts

I have three tablet mobile accounts that I need canceled as they end 27 August 2020. I have tried everything including going to account page and trying to cancel but it sends me there BOT which is not helpful.  I have also called Telstra 3 times and get told they are to busy to talk with me and direct me to the Telstra site. I really cant afford to have these three tablet mobile accounts anymore due to costs of COVID.

Does anyone know how to help?  please

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Re: cancellation of tablet mobile accounts

Hi @Pete66 

Try these options.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/manage/how-do-i-cancel-my-home-broadband-servi...

I realise this is for canceling home internet, It works the same with any Telstra product you want to cancel.

If that doesn't work try contacting Telstra billing.

Telstra billing 1800 461 799

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

thanks Rohan123 - 

But that didn't work either...this is worst service customer I have ever experienced.

Highlighted

Hi Pete if your contract ends on the 27th it’ll end on that day and will continue to operate without the contract. If you’ve talked to the Bot and requested your options they will get back to you. Mite not be today but they’ll get back. Don’t stress about the three contracts as they won’t sign you up again they’ll continue to run without the contract. 
Don’t stress if you can’t talk to someone today because with logging on to the Bot and asked the question it’ll be logged and you’ll have proof that you want the contracts to end. You can save the log file. 

DS Grocock
Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Hi again @Pete66 

What @danielgrocock  said is true, You will be out of contract as of the date the contract ends.

You wont then start a new contract. you will just keep paying the same amount you have been.

When you said my advice didn't work what happened?

Did Telstra explain etc's (Early Termination charges)?

Or just put it in the to hard basket?

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

I was taken to a page that probably is good to cancel home service, but was able to find a way towards Mobile data plans for tablets.

Highlighted

okay thank you, I also lodged a formal compliant to T as I can really afford to another cent to trying to avoid more changes into another month. For the amount of money we pay for this service, I am beginning to wonder about their customer service, yer they are all under pressure from COVID but so are the customers.  I would have thought this is the time to step up customer service, not cut it back....

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit