blah2
Level 2: Rookie

Cancelling everything to do with telstra

Answered

How do I cancel everything within Telstra. So far its taking me 8 months, 20 odd hours, 3 TIO complaints 200 odd emails. All I want to do is get rid of Telstra for ever so never have any dealings with them. Apparently you cant by the way, they get you in their trap and will never let you go.

So not only do they have the worse customer services and reps in the world, the worst services in the world and absolutely no idea how technology works (had an argument about fixed wireless and Telstra are convinced that this is on NBN Smiley Happy even though I am not on NBN and use fixed wireless).

They probably wont respond to this message like always.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancelling everything to do with telstra

The term Fixed Wireless specifically applies to an NBN Connection. If you are using a 4G modem (Nighthawk or one of the other Telstra modems), then it is Mobile Broadband (even if you are using it in a fixed location).

Telstra won't generally respond to your message as this is primarily a forum for customers to assist other customers. It is not an Official Telstra Customer Support channel.

To cancel you service, either call 132200 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm AEST and say "Disconnections" or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon at the bottom right of the Get Help page). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours to get an initial response and you will get a notification through your mobile when they do.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

If you haven't already done so, try https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint  and include as much information and as many references as you can..

or, the TIO (https://www.tio.com.au/) or ACCC (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems) would be the next step...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The term Fixed Wireless specifically applies to an NBN Connection. If you are using a 4G modem (Nighthawk or one of the other Telstra modems), then it is Mobile Broadband (even if you are using it in a fixed location).

Telstra won't generally respond to your message as this is primarily a forum for customers to assist other customers. It is not an Official Telstra Customer Support channel.

To cancel you service, either call 132200 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm AEST and say "Disconnections" or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon at the bottom right of the Get Help page). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours to get an initial response and you will get a notification through your mobile when they do.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit