CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cancelling my Account

Answered

So, I have cancelled my home broadband twice, yet still have wi-fi.  After the first call I was told I was a month in front on payments and I would be reimbursed after my account closed, which could take up to 48 hours. After a week of still having an active service, I called again and was told I would owe money as we are in a new month and now a priority would be placed on closing my account whichcould take up to 24 hours.  Another week has passed and amazingly, my account is still active.  I am starting to think if if customers needs were met the first time round, the phone lines would not be so busy.  Can someone with the ability to close my account actually see this through, I don’t feel like being on hold for another half an hour just to be disappointed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancelling my Account

Hi @jhain54, unfortunately, most users on Crowd Support are customers like yourself and aren't privy to Telstra's internal systems. If you'd like to disconnect a service on your account, call 13 22 00 and say "Disconnect". This should be completed promptly within a few hours, depending on where you're sitting in terms of your billing cycle you'll get a pro-rated credit back to you, the disconnections team member should be able to give you an estimate of what this will look like on the subsequent (or final) bill. If you'd really not rather wait on hold, you can Live Chat with Telstra here.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi @jhain54, unfortunately, most users on Crowd Support are customers like yourself and aren't privy to Telstra's internal systems. If you'd like to disconnect a service on your account, call 13 22 00 and say "Disconnect". This should be completed promptly within a few hours, depending on where you're sitting in terms of your billing cycle you'll get a pro-rated credit back to you, the disconnections team member should be able to give you an estimate of what this will look like on the subsequent (or final) bill. If you'd really not rather wait on hold, you can Live Chat with Telstra here.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I agree it's a joke, tried to contact the assholes for a month or so, the bill comes through ok but try to contact them. That is a no.no 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit