mountainview
Level 2: Rookie

Cannot access my telstra account

Trying to buy recharge on my phone: have used the service for years, but have been getting the following error since yesterday:

Something went wrong

It looks like you don't have access to this feature. You'll need to request access from the authorised representative on this account.

Is the service down? I am unable to recharge from the mobile phone as the app has never worked on my version of ios. 

I have restarted the PC, cleared cookies, used a different browser. Same error every time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Cannot access my telstra account

I have been able to log into My Account this morning without problem, so it might be just your account..

Try to log in to your account at: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

If you have an Telstra/Bigpond email account, you could also try logging in to WebMail or use your email client to check for emails..

If none of them work, then your account has problems which may indicate changes (unauthorised?) to that..

There have been other reports here of users suddenly not being able to access there account and also about account details being changed (password, name, ID information even) with out the real owners knowledge  so there might be a case of wider, dubious, activity going on..  at the same time Telstra seem to be making unannounced changes to accounts for things like Voicemail. I am keeping a watchful eye on all things Telstra at the moment, including any strangeness here in CrowdSupport..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
mountainview

Hi Steve

Thanks for the response, but that link still doesn't work. I have also tried on a second PC, with the same issue. and it goes to exactly the same error.

I've made no changes to my account and now I have no way of accessing customer support, recharge, anything...I'm not sure how one actually contacts telstra when there is a problem. The phone has been cut off after 8minutes wait-time and there seems to be no other way of getting in touch with anyone who actually works at Telstra. 

It is very frustrating :-(

SteveW_52

If you have the My Telstra app on your phone, you can try that although you might not be able to log in..

Use the Get Help tab and click on the blue Chat Window icon..  to get past Codidiot..  type "Speak with a consultant' - you should go into a queue and someone will message you back to continue the chat. The response may take hours, so leave the app active, with notifications enabled, so you know when the response comes in..  you will be straight into a chat session - it is best to keep your questions short and direct, don't ask lots of question in the one message..

Good luck..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @mountainview,

Try using the below link to recharge your Pre-Paid service.

https://recharge.telstra.com.au/enternumber

You could try using Live Chat to get help with your Account problem ...I've read in the last few day's on Crowdsupport that Live Chat has sometimes been working. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing?pageId=https%3a%2f%2flivechat.telstra.com%2fTCOM%3aCrowds...

If you're able to visit a Telstra store, they might be able to help with your Account problem. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
mountainview

Thanks Steve, unfortunately the MyTelstra app does not work with my ios (I have the most up-to-date ios, but it is an older i-phone) so, very conveniently, Telstra does not make the the MyTelstra app available.

SteveW_52

A suggested by @Smiley3   the Livechat might work for you..  if not your only other option might be a visit to the local store, if you are able to..

Stevo 52
Telstra99999
Level 1: Cadet

sorry to cross post, just to let you know I has the same problem like you had. When I logon to account in the web, it show: It looks like you don't have access to this feature. You'll need to request access from the authorised representative on this account..

When I logon to 24/7 app it does not show all my services. Tried the blue chat button in the chat app, the app crash every time i tap to that. I open payments in the app, it shows: something went wrong, refresh now or try again later. 

Tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, same problem.

the chat in the link ppl provide here does not have support for technical. 

i tried to call them and they hang up a few times, last time i reach to them they said to wait for system recover which was last 2 weeks. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit