AnnieGG
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot contact Telstra!

I have a prepaid broadband account - activated it and got message saying was active. Then topped up - this does not appear in the balance after 4 days.  I can't contact Telstra to chase this up. How in this day and age can we not contact a major business if we have issues?  I don't have time for waiting hours or scouring community support pages!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cannot contact Telstra!

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. You can mark the message as urgent by tapping on the three dots in the top right of the message screen. It can take a few hours to g et an initial response, but you will get a notification through the app when someone does, so you don't have to be in the conversation the whole time.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AnnieGG

A few hours!  How do you run a business without assistance when you need it?  I need internet - have topped up a number activated on a prepaid wifi and it has not topped up.  No one can assit me and I am running low on wifi

Jupiter

Well, normally not run on Prepaid. Did you have a look at the month to month business mobile broadband plans? No minimum period, data sharing (if you have the need for more than one plan) and gets speed limited to 1.5Mbps if you use up all your allowance (so you have some sort of connection rather than none). See the Critical Information Summary for them at Mobile Plans (telstra.com.au)

How have you been trying to top up the Prepaid service?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
David97

Hi Annie,

Same problem. I have now disconnected my 10+ year service with Telstra and gone to Optus. I've had enough of not being able to contact anyone. The other week I used the app and it took about four hours for a real person to contact me via text. Then each question I asked took between 3-10 minutes to receive a response.

Used to be a great company.

Cappa64

To Whom it Concern 

Could we please look into the Account bill Number <removed to protect your privacy>

Phone no <removed to protect your privacy> we changed Plan to a Cheaper rate of flat rate of $25.00 for Rental and phone calls would be at 21cents per call this was agreed back six months ago and there  hasn’t been Changed 

Happy to pay account once it been done as Request as you look at the previous accounts plan we were paying a great amount for the plan My mother was on As a pension that why we went for a cheaper Plan as phone call were min 

please could we organise to get this clarified ASAP 

Jupiter

Never post an account number or phone number into a public forum such as Crowdsupport.

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to account information or billing systems.

You will need to contact Telstra either by calling 132200, or sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile.

If you have previously requested that the changes have been done, lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints and a complaints manager can look into the problem.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit