Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Changed owner of account, now Telstra is charging old owner and new owner as 2 different accounts

Answered

A few months ago after my mother was given a terminal diagnosis we changed our account ownership from her name to mine. 

Now I receive bills (that are addressed to Mr My Name instead of Miss My Name for some reason but that is a different lesser issue to be fixed) but we are also still receiving bills addressed to my mother as well. 

Can someone please explain why a Change of Ownership has turned into us having two accounts and how to stop the bills being sent in my mother's name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Changed owner of account, now Telstra is charging old owner and new owner as 2 different account

Are the bills that are being sent to your Mother full bills, or is it the final bill up to the date that the change of ownership occurred?

If it is full bills, you will need to contact Billing by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). It's not an instant response type messaging, so there may be a delay in someone answering. Don't worry if you can't respond immediately that they do, if you reply it will still get dealt with.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Changed owner of account, now Telstra is charging old owner and new owner as 2 different account

Are the bills that are being sent to your Mother full bills, or is it the final bill up to the date that the change of ownership occurred?

If it is full bills, you will need to contact Billing by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). It's not an instant response type messaging, so there may be a delay in someone answering. Don't worry if you can't respond immediately that they do, if you reply it will still get dealt with.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit