Peter190
Level 1: Cadet

Changing Prepaid Plan

Hi Telstra

I’m trying to change my prepaid plan to $40 with 5g of data but the only option for the $40 is 3g.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Changing Prepaid Plan

That is because you are on the old Telstra Pre-Paid Freedom Plus plan rather than a Telstra Pre-Paid Extra plan.

If you change plan, then the recharge options will change. Make sure that the other inclusions still suit before you change as you can't go back.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Peter190
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks I thought it was an old plan. Any ideas how to change to the new plan, I don’t see any options to do so?
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Peter190 wrote:
Thanks I thought it was an old plan. Any ideas how to change to the new plan, I don’t see any options to do so?

@Peter190 You should be able to change plan via the Telstra 24/7 app. 

Keep in mind that you may loose any credit you currently have. 

I moved from an old Telstra Freedom plan to the new Telstra Extra plan and I was told I would lose my credit. I didn't at the time, but they may have fixed that. 

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Jupiter

Unfortunately I'm beta testing the new app, so it may be a little different.

Go in to the 24x7 app, then click on your service, scroll to near the bottom of the page (past the recharge button) and there should be a section that says "Pre-Paid Plan - View or change your current plan". That should take you to the page to change it.

Either that or it's a similar process via the website version of the 24x7 accounts section.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit