Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Charges.

Your boss said that the new $3.20 charge would be scrapped then why the hell do I have this charge on my god dam telstra bill. You people are no better than the day to day scammers. Its no wonder why your own customers don't trust you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Re: Charges.

Hi, Davern,

To what charge may you be referring? If you are referring to the non-electronic billing and payment fee, please refer HERE, where it clearly states the following:

From 28 November 2015, we'll be increasing our monthly charge for the non-electronic billing and payment fee which applies to some plans.  

The fee increase is from $2 to $3.20 and is charged for:

• receiving a paper bill;
  • paying a bill in person or via mail; or
  • both receiving a paper bill and paying in person or via mail

The paper bill and non-electronic payment fee partially cover the cost of processing, producing and printing bills and processing bills paid in person.

● Only bills paid in person or by posting a cheque are charged the non-electronic payment fee. The $3.20 fee does not apply to all other payments, including BPay, PayPal and direct debit from bank account, debit card or credit card.

The best way to avoid the fee altogether is by switching to Email Bill.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If you are talking about the update on that change from Andy Penn (tel.st/RightCalls)

"Secondly, we will remove the proposal to have people charged a flat rate on paper bills regardless of whether they were only receiving those bills via mail and/or paying those bills over the counter.  We will charge $2.20 to receive a paper bill and separately, $1.00 for each over the counter payment made.  This allows us to recoup costs and avoids the need to charge everyone for a service which a minority of our customer base continues to use.  These are equivalent to or better than competitor charges and below various other non-telco organisations.  We will also rebate the difference to customers charged the $3.20 fee, where applicable." 

So if you have BOTH a paper bill and pay in person, your change will STILL be $3.20....

If you have only the paper bill charge, you will get a rebate on the difference as some people would have been billed before their accounts were updated again... 

So you would have two choices, contact billing and request an adjustment on the difference or wait until the next bill for it to be rebated for you... 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

I don't get a paper bill smartass for your 1st comment. Secondly I get a email bill already. My god Telstra is so unprofessional these days. It was the same service I received when I tried to get your telemarketers to stop calling. No one followed up or checked up.... a case of he'll get tired of calling us soon. I have been with Telstra a long time, sure I don't have large bills but if you keep screwing over the little people then they won't have any more to do with you. After my current plan is done I will be looking elsewhere.
Highlighted

@davern wrote:

"I don't get a paper bill smartass for your 1st comment. Secondly I get a email bill already. My god Telstra is so unprofessional these days. It was the same service I received when I tried to get your telemarketers to stop calling."

... and wrote:

"... sure I don't have large bills but if you keep screwing over the little people then they won't have any more to do with you."

This may come as somewhat of a shock to you but I'm not a Telstra employee. I'm just a regular customer like yourself who participates on this community based forum. I have nothing whatsoever to do with Telstra or any of their partners.

However, if I buy the company someday, I'll make sure to waive the $3.20 fee for you. Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Highlighted

My apologies but when l read "we will remove the proposal" it looks like you are speaking on behalf of Telstra
Highlighted

It's all good. 👍 And what you're referring to wasn't even on my post, that was the post from @DrQ, quoting a statement made by Telstra CEO, Andrew Penn, which can be found HERE.

We're all customers here, Telstra employees on CrowdSupport® are identified by the logo next to their username.

Kind regards,

Highlighted

I rang Telstra customer support  last week and complained vehemently about the charges for the paper bill.I receive paper bills but usually make the payment via Paypal.the person answering the phone still sang the same old tune of "we sent you a letter in november advising  you of the $3.20 charge blahblahblah.... you can switch to email bill blahblahblah ..."

She did not mention anything about the statement from the CEO at all - I found out about it only today when reading your topic.  I paid my bill this week but minus the extra $1.20 on my bill since the previous charge for the paper bill was onl $2 -waiting with bated breath to see how they react to my "shortfall in payment"

BTW i have been a telstra customer for over 20 years and one reason why i stuck with them was because the other telcos were even worse when it came to mobile coverage and broadband services.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit