Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Click frenzy discount deal

Click frenzy small data plan $15 for $5 a month, my bill is $15 but it should be $5, unsure when the discount is applied

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted

Re: Click frenzy discount deal

I too have the same issue! Where is the $10 monthly discount? Website won't let me raise an issue. Trying through Testra app.

Highlighted

Same here no discounts applied in the first bill which is very disappointing. TIO here we come

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

@Stu135 wrote:

Click frenzy small data plan $15 for $5 a month, my bill is $15 but it should be $5, unsure when the discount is applied

Yeah same issue for me.

Highlighted

same with me, also can't get through to support.

Highlighted

Happened to me also....knew it was too good to be true and too easy for Billing to stuff up.

Highlighted

They should now give everyone who registered  for this deal FREE for 1 year. Previously not with Telstra their communication service is BAD. Poor reps that do not get solutions quickly from the higher paid administration.

@Stu135 wrote:

Highlighted

TIO in I believe they get fined by TIO also wasted $ for what should have been an easy solution 

Highlighted

Same issue for me.

Highlighted

Maybe they should now include free talk and text on top of 12 months free. Telstra would THEN be redeemed.  Even though Optus is not perfect MUCH better regarding telephone support instead of goin through Maze of automated responses to be told no audio support at end of process.

Highlighted

On chat problem not fixed then told person leaving quitting time. Glad I copied and sent to TIO as they do not have option to send chat to your email as many other reputable companies do.

Highlighted

Yep same here, at contract signup says $10 will be credited monthly onto the bill. Where is the $10 credit Telstra? - Falsely advertising plan...!

Highlighted

Here is the original advertised page Telstra...

https://web.archive.org/web/20200522113426/https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/data-plans

Please kindly explain why nobody is being granted the $10 monthly promo credit as advertised...

Highlighted

Same issue to me, the worst thing is we can't even reach support. I have left a  message so will wait a day or two for telstra to respond. Otherwise TIO is the way to go. 

Highlighted

I have lodged my complaint with TIO. Recommended you do the same. The last response from support was nonsense. "Hello thanks for messaging us and we appreciate your patience. If this is the first bill you get since you signed up to the new plan. The discount may appear on your next bill."

.... MAY appear! 

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue.

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Hey everyone on this subject,

I to have ordered one of these Telstra  data sim's @ $15pm $10pm discount,

Just haven't got my bill yet, to know if they will charge me the full price to.

the only advice I can offer to you all (given it being the weekend and there is not a Telstra employee to be found on crowd support)

is ring 132200 when prompted for the reason for your call say disconnection.

This will get you put threw to a team, that can assist you with your enquiry.

they are open 7:30am to 7:30pm SA time

Hope this helps

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Guys, the best way to contact Telstra at the moment is via their My Telstra app.

If you want to chase it up you can via the My Telstra app, use the "Get Help" icon at the bottom of the screen and leave a message. That will go in a queue and be answered as soon as they can.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mytelstra

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

Same issue - what is happening?

Highlighted

Hi @WSC2 

Well I now have my new bill, which I didn't have when I posted above,

I to have been charged the full $15 and Telstra even put it on a new account for me rather than adding it to my existing Telstra account, so I now get 2 Telstra bills.

So yes I understand the frustration.

if you like the idea of online chat on your phone to Telstra follow what ozmoz offered as advice.

if you want to talk to Telstra follow my advice above.

Obviously someone forgot to tell the billing department it's $10 off for 12 months.

Rohan

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
Highlighted

Hi

I am still awaiting my click frenzy deal to come, sim only deal, $10 off the $25 plan. Ordered it on Sunday 24th of May, account created yet nothing. I cant get through on the phone because Telstra says it cant help with this enquiry because of covid 19. Seriously, I dont know why I even bothered with this company.

Highlighted

Tell TIO aready replied back:

"What happens now

We have given information about your complaint to Telstra.

Telstra must work with you to see if together you can find a solution to your complaint. Telstra has until 5pm on 24 June 2020 to do this.

Paying charges while your complaint is in progress

You told us you are disputing $10.00 as part of your complaint.

I have tolTelstra to put that amount on holdYou do not need to pay this amount while your complaint is in progress. You might still get automated bills or alerts by text message that include this amount, but you only need to pay for charges that you aren’t disputing in your complaint."

.... Its a start... Lets let if I get a new invoice.

Highlighted

Same deal but I'm unable to activate the SIM,  Anyone else having that problem. Also the order number is not accepted for order check.

Highlighted

Ok, so I rang Telstra and spoke to the automated voice telling it I wanted to cancel my plan. I was out through to customer support person and I told him I wanted to cancel my plan because the contract I agreed to was not being met. He looked up my file and agreed I had not been given the discount and then offered a bigger plan at a discounted rate, which would have cost me $15 a month instead of $25. I told him I wasn't interested and just cancel the plan. He put me on hold and came back and said he can give me a $10 discount on the $15 plan for six months and when the six months is up to ring them and they will give me six months more. Typed on my phone waiting for cortisone shot so sorry if there are mistakes

Highlighted

Hi @Stu135 

I called Telstra as well, to complain about what I typed above. ( discount not being honored) Alex From Telstra new all about the click frenzy problems, and said even his system was having trouble applying the discount. he offered me the 6months $10 discount or would I just be happy with $120 credit (which is what the discount would have been over 12 months) I said yes to the credit and now I'm all happy.

Rohan

Rohan
Highlighted

My sim finally come, then within a week so did a bill, $25, no $10 discount applied for the click frenzy deal. I rang and said complaints and spoke to Kevin. Kevin told me that he could not see where any discount applied. I read out the email sent to me from Telstra acknowledging the click frenzy deal but in the end and in frustration I said cancel the lot.

I will not be paying the $25 for the one and only month that I really didn't have, instead I will be paying $15 only.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit