Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Confusing bills

Am so uset at the moment, can honestly say this is the first time I have ended up in tears after speaking with a major company. First to begin over the past 2 years have had two faulty Tboxes, the first was sent back and replaced by a new plan, the second had to relogin and rescan at every use, I finally found the time to ring up and complain, stating I didn't want one anymore. After much cajoilling was talked into giving it another go with the new improved version....

sounded like a good plan, would be reducing my monthly costs by $15 dollars.

At the time there was a bill of $200 due at the end of July. About a week later I rang Telstra as I wasn't %100 sure wether to tick the suscribe to foxtel at 20 per month to activate the free channels or not, the girl told me yes check that box and it's automatically deducted from the plan, and by the way I asked, I am very confused about the bills and what I actually owe, as I never seem to get a bill unless it's an overdue notice and the ones that come to my email just state what I owe and I can't access bills from my account at all. To which the girl replied I can help you with that too, I am in billing .... she told me I was in credit and it covered the $200 owed at the end of the month and would cover the bill on the 20th of august too.

So when I got an email today telling me $480 was due by the 20th of August I nearly threw up, and the condescending lady in billing enquiries made my day even worse, especially when she dissapeared for 20 minutes when I couldn't find any way to veiw my online bill... (hung up on me???) I physically feel ill, good job telstra, six months ago I would have said you were a great company, offshore people who think they understand english but can't explain anything does not make your business better... cheaper for you yes, but not better.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Confusing bills

That does indeed sound confusing and frustrating. I've sent you a private message about this.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Can relate to your frustrating and tears, I have always paid my bill on line when I got it , right away for over three years now, Then when I had nbn installed the trouble started,  I recieve this wopping big bill when they told me the charge would not be any different, they admitted to some mistake in being over charged, but still had to put out two payments off eight and eight seven due to the fact they forgot to bill me for one month, Ok I do that, and the bill in the accounts online does not change infact they are charging for late payments. Then  speak to another lady, who is nice enough and apologizes for it all saying ignore the bill till you get the next one for they can not change the one in the account, Why NOT?  So then I get sms emails asking ot update my email account, why its been the same one them been emailing me all along. And I think for someone who has never made a late payment this is just terrible, business. shame on telestra.

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hopeternal

I'm really sorry to hear of the billing confusion that you've experienced and it definitely is no reflection on your past payment history with us. We are not able to change the current statement or reissue one as this would cause further confusion (you would then have two bills issued at the same time with different details on it) - but rather, the changes and adjustments will show on the following months bill. 

Has this now since been resolved? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hello there! 

I know how difficult your situation would be specially the part where you have been billed at a very huge amount and you cant access your account online at the same time. If only you can check your account, then you can have a basis of your concern when calling customer service..

I can only think of these solutions and I believe these will help fix your concern regarding your billing..

A) PERSONAL APPEARANCE..

Try to visit a Telstra Retail Store to get your issue done personally

-You can get to be entertained by a telstra support and also put priority on your concern

-You will never be put on hold for long duration or be hung up on phone

-You get the chance to avail some of telstra's promos that can help you save a lot depending on your usage

B) CUSTOMER SERVICE

Try calling customer service and tell them your issue and your repeated calls

-You can get the chance to talk with a superior who can really help you on your concern

-you will also get the chance to talk to the collections department and have your billing issue be discussed

-You can validate your online account and have access to it once again..

That's all I help you with today,

I really do Hope it can help Solve your billing issue and other cocerns,

Regards,

BiTz

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit