Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Customer account notes.

Answered
Hi again,

I'm just curious about something.
Can notes left on customer accounts by Customer Service Representatives be edited or deleted upon customer request if they infringe on privacy (eg. if a phone or other details number have been entered) or if they don't immediately pertain to the actual service?

Now we know this is possible from a technical perspective but the question is at what level of escalation?

This should get some brains ticking. Smiley Wink

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Customer account notes.

Hi thereSmiley Happy

Essentially, once a system note is saved, it can't be edited or deleted. This is so that we maintain as thorough and accurate record of customer transactions as possible. Prior to a note being finalised, our policy is that we summarise the note being left so that the customer is comfortable with the record being entered. We also provide an interaction number, either on request or if warranted for a follow up call/contact. 

A customer can request access to their records, if they feel that access is warranted due to a complaint. We have a formal process in place for this and a request would need to be made in writing. 

- Greg II

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi thereSmiley Happy

Essentially, once a system note is saved, it can't be edited or deleted. This is so that we maintain as thorough and accurate record of customer transactions as possible. Prior to a note being finalised, our policy is that we summarise the note being left so that the customer is comfortable with the record being entered. We also provide an interaction number, either on request or if warranted for a follow up call/contact. 

A customer can request access to their records, if they feel that access is warranted due to a complaint. We have a formal process in place for this and a request would need to be made in writing. 

- Greg II

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Greg,

Thanks for clarifying. That's consistent with my thoughts.

I generally record all voice conversation with not just Telstra, but any call centre, including financial institutions, mainly for my own benefit, and although such recordings can't be used as evidence in legal matters seeing there aren't any approved quality control procedures in place, they're good for reference... Oh and you can always upload them on YouTube for entertainment purposes. Smiley Wink After editing out account passwords naturally. LOL Smiley Happy

Yes, before anyone jumps up and down in horror, it's perfectly legal, immoral some might argue but not in violation of any legislation. Smiley Tongue Arguing with banks is the most fun to listen back to. Smiley Tongue Telstra has been 'boring' (a good thing) in that respect as there really haven't been any problems to argue about. One of your competitors on the other hand... well let's say entertainment plus. Smiley Very Happy

I'm finding this forum mediocre thus far to be honest, not as much 'social interaction' as I would've hoped but informative nonetheless.

Let's hope the activity picks up in the near future.

Have an awesome week!

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for your replySmiley Happy 

I don't profess to have an expert opinion on the legalities of whether a call can be recorded by the incoming caller. As I understand, the recipient of the call does need to be notified at the outset. 

I hope you stay a member of our forum and look to engage in further conversation amongst the threads. 

- Greg II

Highlighted

My pleasure to engage in conversation with you.

You're absolutely right about the recipient of a call must be made aware of any monitoring or recording at the outset, and in my case they are. Not only at the outset but throughout the call in the form of an intermittent audible 'beep' to continuously alert them. Yes, it's perfectly legal for an incoming caller to record a call but as I've stated above, the recorded content may not be used 'officially' or as evidence in any legal proceeding, simply because such content may potentially be manipulated in the absense of any quality control structure that most, if not all, major corporations adhere to.

I certainly will continue to participate on this forum and exchange ideas/opinions with other valued members & staff.

Hope to chat with you and other moderators again soon.

Thank you indeed! Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit