CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Data rip off

I recharged $10 this evening, I bought a top up, the 1GB I got was gone in minutes, I didn't use my phone and all my connections turned off, nut 1GB was gone in less than an hour. . I have recharged $90 this month alone. It used to be $30. It's been happening for at least 3 months. I buy credit, get 2.5 GB and is gone in a couple of days. HOW? I'm being ripped off so badly that I'm changing networks. My data is being STOLEN by telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Data rip off

What type of phone are you using?
If you go into settings and look at your data usage does it show what is using it?
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 2: Rookie

I'm having and have been having the same issues with Telstra, huge gouging of data, yesterday Telstra added 4 1 go data packs to my account in 23 minutes at $10 each. Three months ago I took phone to Telstra complaint of excess data usage, I was to.d I had virus in phone and told best solution buy new phone, I had Samsung 5 and ended up walking out with a Samsung 7. This is blatant theft. Time for some arse kicking 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey @Kiwi59,

I've responded to your concerns on your post located here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Data-Usage/Data-usage/m-p/686375#M3297

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit