colinhuntriss
Level 1: Cadet

Data usage PAYG

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same surprise as me, I have been charged for PAYG Data usage and I am not to sure what to say given a women and children might read this. The cost is $345.052 for 1499700KB which from my calculation is a tad under 1.5GB (1499700 div 1024 = 1464.55078MB div 1000 = 1.46455078GB. I dont understand how after 12months that all of a sudden I am over the limit. In addition to this I had the feature in the bigpond app set to advise me when the data got to 80% and 100% yet never got a text or email. This is a feature Telstra promotes. What I dont understand is that I can by an extra data package for $30 a month and is 3GB, double of the excess I am deemed to have used.

Has anyone else had this problem???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
jefftee
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Data usage PAYG

Have you subscribed to MOG with its "unlimited" download?

colinhuntriss
Level 1: Cadet

No, nothing out of the norm for me. I use apple tv through the house wifi and the ipad is on wifi at home the same as the mobile. For the last twelve months it has never gone over the 4GB thats on the plan. I assume MOG is movies on the go or something but at the moment I am OMG!!! if you know what I mean.

DanniiC83
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra has had a lot of issues with this lately apparently something to do with not being charged previously for using certain sites and now thats been corrected. I had this happen when i got a new phone and my data went from 49% to 150% in a day without being used.

If you raise the issue they should investigate and possibly credit ur account which is what they are apparently doing with mine

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit