dwywit
Level 3: Gumshoe

Different name on account

Answered

After my wife & I separated some years ago and she moved out, we agreed to remove her name and services from the account - what's left is landline, ADSL, & my mobile. The bill comes to me via my email, and it's only my name on the bill.

But if I call support like I had to do last week for a "no dial tone" problem, I keep getting asked for the account holder's name - and I answer with my my name, they ask for the "other" account holder. I had to give them my ex-wife's name and date of birth, and the call proceeded.

How can the support account details be different from the billing details? Her name was legitimately removed from the billing account, and it appears it was not followed through to remove her name from the account details that the support staff are viewing.

I point out to support that the details are incorrect, and they say they can't do anything about it. I point it out to billing & accounts, and they say they can't do anything about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Different name on account

You will need to fill out a change of ownership form to get it transferred into your name rather than it being a joint account. Just removing the name from the bill doesn't accomplish the same thing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

You will need to fill out a change of ownership form to get it transferred into your name rather than it being a joint account. Just removing the name from the bill doesn't accomplish the same thing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

dwywit
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks for your response. This was years ago, I thought I had it all sorted. You know, follow the links from the FAQs. I shall now try to navigate the (electronic) paperwork.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit