MajorToole
Level 1: Cadet

Direct Debit is broken

For weeks, i've tried to "manage" my existing direct debit to update the credit card it charges FROM my corporate AMEX to my personal credit card.

i cannot access the "manage" page. I get a 404 error or other similar message, whether i try in the Telstra App, the browser, different browsers, in private mode. I've uninstalled / re-install the Telstra app too.

This is not a "it's your bank" issue... i can't even get to the landing page to VIEW my current setup for direct debit. Telstra support has continued to ask me to try again in 24hrs - it has now been 2+ weeks. 

I'm not calling through to someone working from home in Philippines to update my credit details verbally, nor will i type sensitive data into chat box. 

I need to update this detail myself, in the service that Telstra provides to set this stuff up. Its not working. can someone please actually look into the root cause of this issue??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
LukeV
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Direct Debit is broken

Looks like we were having issues with our app, but that should have been resolved by now.

Please give this another try and let me know if you have any further troubles.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

yuan2sha

i got same issue, is your one be solved?

AndyLe

This same problem still persist today. I get the same error also I cannot access it on my app. It is Plain Broken. Please help. Thanks

MajorToole

I've been trying it every day since posting  in this forum. It's definitely a Telstra system issue and not isolated to the app. 

I tried chatting with support and kept getting sent random urls to try and they are all linked to the same failing service.

What is interesting is that the direct debit still functions each cycle. I just can't update the credit card or bank account. 

I guess the only way to resolve is to cancel the credit card and then wait for a DD to fail then magically be contacted by Telstra to remedy the issue. I could suggest that Telstra waits 24hrs and tries again, knowing full well that the card is cancelled but then I also know that Telstra will add the dishonour fees to my account without delay.

So here we are. Waiting for telstra to fix a payment service at their leisure. I'll have to wait till my corporate Amex expires and then retain this post as evidence of me trying to have this resolved so that I'm not  slugged late fees and dishonour fees.

🤷‍♂️

MajorToole

Nope. Just tried again today. Broken. Still.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit