Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Direct Debit

I set up DIrect Debit to pay my iPad telstra account in December '13. Because my last bill was overdue I have discovered that the DD will not activate until I clear the outstanding amount? I was also told by the DD department that it can't be overridden because " they don't know how to do it". How ridiculous! Come on Telstra your multiple national company!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Direct Debit

There is no way to override this as it is part of system functionality. Once you have a $0 balance we can complete the direct debit for you, so you will just need to pay the existing balance as you normally would have. 

To clarify, it is because the direct debit occurs on the due date of the bill, which means that the existing balance wouldn't debit until your next bill. So to avoid additional charges or late fees, you do need to pay what is existing.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit