jmcsb
Level 4: Private Eye

Disputing bill

How do I contact Telstra to dispute my bill?   Our landline was out of order for approximately 7 weeks.   It took a very long time to report it including being cut off while on hold including once after waiting over 9 hours on hold (took a photo of the phone display showing the length of time we'd been on hold to Telstra).   Finally got through and got the fault fixed.   It was something to do with an issue at the exchange (despite the Telstra person on the phone telling me that it was a fault on our property and so would cost us money to fix - the technician didn't have to come near our property to fix it).   I don't think we should have to pay for the landline during this time that it was out of order.   However I cannot find a way of contacting Telstra to address this or the outstanding fee for the service.   I sent them a message via the feedback option about three weeks ago but have not heard back.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Disputing bill

The options at the moment are:

• try to get through on 132200
  • use the messaging function in the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • fill out a Bill Query form
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit