avj25
Level 1: Cadet

Disputing bill

I wish to dispute the latest bill sent to my father.  I am his daughter and act on his behalf and have Power of Attorney.  My name is REMOVED. His Account No.REMOVED.  Bill is due for payment on 30 April 2020. He is disputing the charges as follows:

Repair Service Call B/H                $95.00

Repair Labour B/H                        $40.00

My father is 97 years old and is a pensioner/returned soldier on a Department of Veteran's Affairs pension. He is on your priority list for repairs to his phone line due to the many health problems he has.  He has been connected to the NBN approximately 15 months ago. Since that period of time he has had many problems with his phone connection.  He does not have the internet connected. At no time when I rang to report problems with his phone or when the repair person came to repair the line were we informed of repair charges.  We will be paying the Telstra account on 30 April but only the amount that is due for the phone line and calls.  If this is not rectified immediately I will be contacting my Member of Parliament, Paul Fletcher, Minister for Arts and his State and Federal Members as well. If no refund can be given I will be advising you of him moving to another provider - most probably Optus.  Since I have had the NBN installed 12 months ago we have had many call outs for problems related to internet/phone and we have never been charged for any visits from Optus..  This is an outrageous charge and has to be stopped.  

Looking forward to a favourable outcome.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Disputing bill

Never post identifying information such as phone numbers, full names, account numbers in a public forum such as Crowdsupport. I  have asked the moderators to remove those details for you.

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to Account Information or Billing Systems.

You can query the bill by either filling out the following form

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/forms/request-a-credit-24x7

calling 132200

or using the messaging function in the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit