Level 2: Rookie

Email bill

I am trying to find out and get clarification on what email address our home phone bill is going to now be sent to. I have a Gmail address that I use to sign into Telstra MyAccount but not sure if this is the one that it is going to get sent to or if it will get sent to a different one. When I check in the my bills section in MyAccount it has my Gmail address but when I look at the section that shows our Telstra bundle for home phone and internet it shows a Bigpond address but we have never checked that email and can't access it anyway(not sure if we have ever been able to). I just want a simple answer from Telstra but no use trying with the 24/7 live chat with virtual assistant it is so hopeless. Can someone please help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Email bill

Open your My Account in a browser, then in the top right corner click the Settings down arrow and select bill settings..  you should see the billing email there..  and you can change it.

If you change it, you will probably be asked to add a second account for safety. This often gets pushed into your primary email. It exasperates me, so to do what I want I add the 'second' email first, then the one I want Telstra to use as the primary..  but before you close always check that the correct billing email is shown.

The email address on the Profile page is usually your secondary email - why? I have no idea...  but thats where some of Telstra marketing emails and notices go...  it amuses me also, because I want my primary to be my Bigpond/Telstra one, but they seem to pick up the secondary GMail one instead - it's as if they don't trust their own email system?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

I just checked in bill settings and it doesn't show any email addresses at the moment it still says that billing method is paper bill but Telstra sent an email to my gmail address to say that they will soon be sending us our bill via email. When I click on the more part under manage bills the only thing it mentions is where it says bill to be delivered to: it has my gmail address down. In another section it does mention a Bigpond email but I have tried logging into that one and doesn't let me. I have tried finding out through the 24/7 chat section but can't get put onto an agent and the virtual assistant at the start is no help at all.

Once you get into your account, and Bill Settings, click on 'Manage Bill Reminders'..  

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

I went into that part but I had to change the email address they had down to my gmail address as the one that they had down is the one that they won't let me access and no matter what I did I could not sign into the bigpond email account. It hasn't been put on get email bill for good yet.

Do you get to this page...

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit