TechHead123
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Email billing

When I was moved to a new plan some weeks back it seems I was changed to email billing instead of paper copy by mail. I prefer paper due to personal circumstances.

In My Account I reset the billing to paper copy and received an acknowledgement by a "Meg Bonighton".

Curiously the email said:

"We'd like to hear about your recent experiences with Email Bill and why you've decided to opt out. Please help us understand how we can improve by completing a two-question survey."

However there was no link in the email Smiley Sad

At the beginning of this month I received another message saying my next bill would be by email, and again I reset the preference to paper copy and received the same acknowledgement.

Now I've just received yet another email saying I will receive my next bill by email <sigh>

This will be the third time I have to reset my preference, or can someone sort this out for me??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Email billing

Hi @TechHead123 

Might be worth trying the Telstra LiveChat https://tel.st/t65yg to try to rectify it?

Ot, if you are near a Telstra store try that.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
TechHead123

Sadly my past experience with both over other issues has been unsatisfactory.

On those occasions Telstra shop staff didn't seem to have much knowledge of accounts matters and/or didn't have the level of authority to change things, and the live chat (in the Philippines?) worked to a script and couldn't make changes themselves.

Ozmoz

Hi @TechHead123 

The other only alternative is to leave a message via the My Telstra app.

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

Otherwise, change providers to get what you want.

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
TechHead123

OK I will try that.

I thought Telstra staffers monitored the Crowdsupport forum and one might assist.

If they don't monitor and responses are limited to other customers, then that's no different to Whirlpool, where anything to do with Telstra also inevitably results in someone saying to change providers ...

Ozmoz

hI @TechHead123 

I should've also mentioned when using the My Telstra app for help, if you find the bot keeps going around in circles without getting to where you want to go, then type "Talk to a consultant".

Telstra does monitor Crowd Support, and at times I have seen them ask for more information via a private message, but that doesn't happen a lot. Personally, I think Crowd Support should go to full Telstra support and drop the 'crowd' support idea. It seems the My Telstra app is the way they want to support their customers the majority of the time, nowadays.

I haven't bothered with whingepool for years, it's run by moderators suffering from acute solipism. In fact, I think the last time I was there was actually when Telstra had a presence.

In reference to changing providers, that is just the logical way I would see it myself if I couldn't get a resolution that I thought was correct. I would do that with anybody.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit