slider8p
Level 2: Rookie

Error made paying bill amount

Answered

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice to fix an urgent problem. I have a family member who has an account setup under my name. A few days ago he tried to pay a bill online using BPAY through his internet banking portal and made a mistake depositing $8119 instead of $81.19.

This balance (of over $8000 CR) stood out when I was checking the 24x7 Telstra App so he finally realized and admitted the mistake.

The family member is nearly 80 years old and doesn't trust Direct Debit (sigh) so this is not setup. But I tried to help and get through to someone from support using the App and it seems like there is no one taking cases.

Despite the magnitude of this error, his funds are being affected to pay other bills.  Can someone please suggest how I can quickly help him resolve this issue? Could people at a Telstra shop help or is the app chat the only way to help customers these days?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Error made paying bill amount

Hi slider8p,

The Telstra store won't be able to help because it's a Billing issue. 

If I was in your position I'd call 132200 and say "Financial Hardship" (just to get to speak to someone on the phoneSmiley Wink).

They might be able to start the process of getting the money reimbursed. 

Otherwise you'll need to send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

I think their starting time is 8am AEDT.

You can mark the message as urgent by pressing on the 3 dots top right of the message screen. 

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi slider8p,

The Telstra store won't be able to help because it's a Billing issue. 

If I was in your position I'd call 132200 and say "Financial Hardship" (just to get to speak to someone on the phoneSmiley Wink).

They might be able to start the process of getting the money reimbursed. 

Otherwise you'll need to send a message via the My Telstra App (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

I think their starting time is 8am AEDT.

You can mark the message as urgent by pressing on the 3 dots top right of the message screen. 

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

slider8p
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for your help. I only attempted the second half of the solution and have not been succesful so now I will try the firsthalf Smiley Happy

Thanks again

Smiley3

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Good luck....let us know how you get on.

SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

It can sometimes take several hours to get a response from a Telstra response once you have been placed in the queue from the Telstra app chat session..  not much happens quickly at Telstra lately..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Just note that once the process is started for the refund, it will take approximately 10 business days for it to appear back in their account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit