Martywild
Level 1: Cadet

Escalation when all else fails?

Can someone point me in the right direction before my sanity completely deserts me?

I wont bore you all with the full details but suffice to say that I have been trying to move to a cable plan at my new address but have so far been unable to convince Telstra that I have cable capability there despite having cable Foxtel up and running for the last 3 weeks.

I have had a cable order in the system once but for some reason this was cancelled it seems. I now find that I have apparently signed up for a new 24 month ADSL contract for a mere 100gb whereas I previously had a 200gb service with no contract.

Add to that the fact that the address on my account has suddenly changed to one that I do not nor ever have lived at and I am seriously disanchanted with the whole process at Telstra.

I can't speak to anybody that seems to be able to sort out the mess despite hours on the phone and a complaint loadged on Thursday to which I have not had a response. I cannot spend hours on the phone again today and so have taken the only measure I could think of to draw a response i.e. blocked my direct debit for my current bill. 

Does anyone have any tips on how to get these issues sorted quickly and painlessly?

Not on here to moan but just to get some help!

M

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Escalation when all else fails?

Thanks for the post and feedback Martywild.

It is not good to read of the poor experience you have had, I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

You have mentioned that you have escalated the matter by lodging a complaint on Thursday. It takes up to five business days to receive contact from a case manager. Can I please grab the SR complaint reference you were provided upon submission so I can check the progress. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Martywild
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Dani,

Not sure I received (or noted) the SR reference from the complaint raised on Thursday. I have a ref from a previous conversation which might help. There should be plenty of notes on my account.

Would be a good start for someone there just to appreciate the desired result here and recognise that the current plan details are incorrect.

Thanks,

thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Martywild,

I've just sent you a private message about this issue.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit