Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Fraud on my account

Answered

Telstra notified me by email that I had been allocated 2 new mobile services on my account. The only problem was that I had not requested or ordered anything. Lodged an online complaint form on 7/3/20 requesting that the 2 orders and mobile services be cancelled. Have still not heard back from complaints.

This morning (14/3/20) checked my account and the 2 new mobile numbers have been suspended, but 1 of the new numbers has run up costs of $ 2628 of international calls on the 9/3/20 all emanating from the Phillipines. Is this an inside job?

Phoned telstra to complain and was told someone would contact me in the next 48 hours and if I wanted, could contact fraud section on 1300 432272. Rang this number &  it does not connect. Does anyone know who I can contact as I want this sorted out as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

Re: Fraud on my account

Hi @fozz,

I can only imagine the stress that you have with this unauthorised additional mobile services.

By the way, do you still have the complaints reference number? That starts with SR 1-XXXXX?

If a complaints case manager hasn't been assigned yet, you can call 132200 and quote your reference number so that they can make a follow up to the complaints case manager to resolve this.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

Hi @fozz,

I can only imagine the stress that you have with this unauthorised additional mobile services.

By the way, do you still have the complaints reference number? That starts with SR 1-XXXXX?

If a complaints case manager hasn't been assigned yet, you can call 132200 and quote your reference number so that they can make a follow up to the complaints case manager to resolve this.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Waited a couple of days and heard nothing. Contacted Telstra via live chat and they informed me that case had gone to fraud team and I would be notified within 24 - 48 hours. Heard nothing.

Checked account tonight and all is well. Thank goodness, as I had been stressing for a couple of days.

Case solved, but lack of communication on Telstra's part is pretty poor. I was given no updates at all. I had to keep following up to find out what was going on.

Highlighted

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was an inside job Telstra is always finding ways to steal money, they will either lie or just steal it directly. They are the biggest telecommunications company in Australia, they want to stay there, not by lowering their prices, but by making them seem lower than they are, then adding fees or taking advantage of glitches in their system where it stops people paying their bill and they end up  cancelling your account and then send you a cancellation fee of a few thousand dollars. I haven’t heard them steal this way but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Telstra setting you up. I would complain about Telstra to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) there is clearly something wrong here. The ACCC can even help you against big companies like Telstra and if enough people complain Telstra would have to come clean about all other fraudulent activities. If you ever hear from a Telstra officer here they will lie or blame something or someone else, it’s just their MO. I don’t trust this company. Let me know how it goes.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit