CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Getting ripped off

Why do you charge me $1 when I pay my bill .I can see a class action in your future. And while I'm at it why can other mobile company's tell me instantly when I go into extra data and it takes you 6 hours or so this has lead to a massive bill this month. I am considering leaving you company over these two issues. Please send me a pay out figure for my two service's just in case you do not reverse these data charges witch were not notified in a reasonable time ,like instantly like your competition does.If I was notified I would off been able to stop them .thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Getting ripped off

Good luck with your class action Smiley LOL - your bill clearly states that you will be charged $1.00 for one particular form of payment:

So be prepared for a big loss with your class action Smiley LOL

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Getting ripped off

The mobile data meter is usually accurate to within about 15 min, on a side note Optus/Virgin list up to 48-hour delay in measurement data and Vodafone list up to 24 hours delay in measuring data. They also send alerts at several % before so you know when you are getting close too.

They also offer several choices without a payment fee (which others don't, for example, Optus last I saw only let you pay by Direct Debit without fee otherwise it was charged), and Telstra waive the payment fee for people with an eligible recorded concession card too... so they are pretty reasonable about it. The $1 is in line with current regulation which is that they can pass on fees appropriate to what they are being charged and AusPost charge for the service.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit