Genge
Level 1: Cadet

Hardware repayment option

I have hardware repayment option charges on my bill.  I can’t find anywhere on the bill or my Telstra account that enables me to see how much longer the payments have left or a balance remaining.  

This should be easily available on the bill or on my Telstra account.  I shouldn’t have to hunt around.  I pretty sure that would be part of critical information available on the account or bill.  So where can I access it ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Hardware repayment option

If you log in to My Account, click on the service you want in the list, then click on Manage Plan and Allowances, you will see the device payout figure if there is one..

Also, in the My Telstra app (for Android - but should be the same in the IOS version) under Services, tap on the service number, scroll down (swipe up really) to Device Repayment and tap on Repayment Details..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Genge

Yes you can see see for phones bought with a plan, but not accessories bought under the plan such as th4 Apple Watch, Apple Pencil etc. 

SteveW_52

You never mentioned accessories..  the should show as a standalone item in services..  but not 100% certain of that, I have never thought accessories from Telstra were priced reasonably...  

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Genge

Yes that’s correct, they are listed I individually and described as a hardware repayment option. They list the debit amount for that month with no other information as to balance or payments left.  There doesn’t appear to be anywhere on then Telstra app or Telstra account online where you can find the extra information.

yes the accessories aren’t the best value just conventient to do it that way for some things.    I do think Telstra should have all these details available on your account if they are billing you for it.  A tad frustrating😤

SteveW_52

Did you get a CIS or explanation email from Telstra after the purchase, or a hard copy when you bought them?

Stevo 52
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Genge, 

We can check your account to confirm what this is for. Please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/j5nd9). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Billing" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

You can also try calling on 132200 but wait times are long at the moment as we are still recovering from the events of the last 6 to 9 months and the impacts this has had on our call centres.

Please let me know how you go.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit