Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How do i get the credit on my account refunded?

Hello,

I have $150 in credit on my account that i would like refunded.

I went to my local store and they said i need to call to get this rectified but i am having no luck getting in contact with an actual person.

I am no longer a telstra customer which is why i am wanting this refund.

Regards

Matthew

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How do i get the credit on my account refunded?

Hey @mathew32,  I recommend sending a message through to our team via the MyTelstra app to discuss account information and to follow up the credit. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

@TanashaM 

I know you are trying to help, but I don't think you realise that a lot of people coming to CrowdSupport seeking help, have actually already tried the path that you repeatedly recommend to people and that has NOT worked for them because the chat system is slow, time consuming, limited in options and NOT suitable for everybody in the Telstra customer base.

Before you recommend something as a solution, at least try it yourself in the exact same manner that a customer on a private device, on a private account, on a private network would do. Time it and record all the activity to see if you find your recommended approach to everything is actually a good one! Report back here with your detailed findings.

The chat service does not allow for everybody - the aged, those with English as a second language, non tech savvy customers all have trouble - heck, even the 'smart' customers have trouble doing anything that way unless they have a day to spare so they can dedicate their time to the Chat..  it needs a great deal of improvement.

A first step would be to have a greater, more knowledgeable Telstra presence here in CrowdSupport, to redirect customers issues for direct action rather than pushing them back on to the Chat roundabout. As it is you are losing unhappy customers and you don't seem to care..  pass this onto your team and the feedback people.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey There @SteveW_52, this is a platform where we are unable to access account information due to security reasons which is why speaking with our Billing team directly via the MyTelstra app is the best way to sort out any issues with accounts. Appreciate your feedback however crowd support is a public forum which means account issues need to be directed to the appropriate team to ensure it's rectified as soon as possible. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Not every issue here is about Billing...  but you give the same response to most of them..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

We direct customers to the appropriate team who can resolve the issues they are having @SteveW_52 if we or the community are unable to assist here. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit