Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How do you get an account fixed?

I have tried several times to get through to a real person. Phoning, sending messages and using chat. None have gone through to a real person. My account needs to be fixed before it is direct debited from the wrong account. I can't see the account on 24/7 to be able to modify the payment option.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How do you get an account fixed?

Have you used the following steps:

• Sign in to My Account
  • Select Bill issued
  • Select Managed direct debit
  • Select Edit and enter your new credit card details

Note: You also can't set up a new direct debit if you have an outstanding amount owing.

The messaging function in the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) is the best option to make contact at this time.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

All good in theory. My service is split up between My daughters and Ex's service and my Sister In Law's service. I asked for my new NBN service to be another separate account so I could pay the bill separately from the other two. They have linked it in with the SIL's mobile service so the new connection fee and ongoing charges will come out of her bank account.

I have sent a Message using App, tried using the Chat robot and also tried calling and can't get through to a real person to get the problem fixed. I am still working full time and can't spend an hour in a queue trying to get this fixed and then getting a sorry we can't help you at the moment at the end of it.

Highlighted

The messaging function isn't a Live Chat type situation. You send a message - full name and problem. Can take a while for someone to get back to you (up to a couple of days).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Problem needs to be sorted quickly as I'm sick of chasing up and Telstra stuffed up in the first place when they loaded the order twice and same issue on both orders. I shouldn't have to be continually following up with no response when the problem was created internally. The bill payment happens on the 30th and I need it sorted by then Smiley Sad

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit