Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to extend my 5g MBB plan?

Answered

I have the 5G MBB plan that is supposed to end in June then become opt-in. It's now June so how do I opt-in to extend it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: How to extend my 5g MBB plan?

OK. That's for access to the 5G network. If you are on the $15 per month plan and only have 5GB of data, you'd be wasting your money paying an extra $15 per month to be able to use a month's worth of data in just over 3 minutes.

Your plan itself, keeps on going on a month to month basis until you cancel. It just uses the 4G & 3G networks only.

If you want the "superfast" 5G speeds, then you will need to wait until the 1st July to select that option.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Telstra plans don't become opt-in. They continue on a monthly basis until you cancel.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter. But it specifically states:

"until 30 June 2020, then opt in for $15/month"

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/data-plans

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

OK. That's for access to the 5G network. If you are on the $15 per month plan and only have 5GB of data, you'd be wasting your money paying an extra $15 per month to be able to use a month's worth of data in just over 3 minutes.

Your plan itself, keeps on going on a month to month basis until you cancel. It just uses the 4G & 3G networks only.

If you want the "superfast" 5G speeds, then you will need to wait until the 1st July to select that option.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, Jupiter.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit