mitchy1
Level 1: Cadet

How to find out how much left of my phone there is to pay

Answered

Hey everyone,

Every two years I get a new phone and I usually give my handset back to Telstra, however, this year I want to keep it for my nephew but I know I will have to pay a bit more of the phone off in order to keep it. I tried to call Telstra but as I go through the prompts the call abruptly ends and they send me a text message pushing me to use the MyTelstra app and find a solution that way. I had a look through the app but there is nothing. Can someone help me find out how to get this information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: How to find out how much left of my phone there is to pay

You could try logging in to your account from a browser at https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

Then look for your service in the list, click on Manage plan and allowances, then click on Contract Details

Depending on what sort of plan arrangement you have, there might be a figure showing near the top, for Device Buyout..

Yo can probably get to the same place via the My Telstra app, but it will redirect you to a browser to view the page for the service and I am not sure it shows the same detail.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Assuming that you are on a Lease Plan, the payout cost is usually around 30% of the as new cost.

You won't be able to get a payout figure until the contract period ends.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mitchy1

I'm in luck because my contract actually expires today

Jupiter

Then if you send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen), then you can ask about the figure. Not sure that you will get an answer yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask. It can take a few hours to get a response, and you get a notification through the app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

You could try logging in to your account from a browser at https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

Then look for your service in the list, click on Manage plan and allowances, then click on Contract Details

Depending on what sort of plan arrangement you have, there might be a figure showing near the top, for Device Buyout..

Yo can probably get to the same place via the My Telstra app, but it will redirect you to a browser to view the page for the service and I am not sure it shows the same detail.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

mitchy1

Legend, found it.

Thanks a lot mate!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit