Rissole1
Level 1: Cadet

How to report a scam Telstra email

Received this email which I know isn't authentic as I don't have direct debit or an automatic payment set up.  It also threatens to end my 'membership' with Telstra which is not terminology any provider of services would use. However the sender's email address seems authentic which is a concern. How do I report this to Telstra? Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How to report a scam Telstra email

You can do so via the link below to Australian communications and Media Authority

https://www.acma.gov.au/

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You can report it to Telstra by filling out the form at REPORT MISUSE OF SERVICE (telstra.com.au)

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

The link provided by @Jupiter is Telstra’s reporting facility, as mentioned on the informative webpage

Therein, it states the following important information:

• If you get a suspicious email, don't reply to the email or open the links. If you accidentally click on a link which opens a website, don't enter any information onto the website.
  • Avoid opening email attachments. If you've already saved or clicked on an attachment, make sure that your computer’s operating system and anti-virus software is up to date. Consider running an anti-virus scan of your computer.
  • Tell us about the scam by submitting a Report Misuse of Service form and include as much detail as you can. Our Cyber Security team will investigate the report and may be in touch if they have additional questions.
  • If you have provided your information to something you believe is a scam, please visit: What to do if you’ve become a victim of cybercrime

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit