CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I am unsure if this email is a hoax or not?

Answered

I am a bit worried as I have responded....  HELP

IT'S HOW WE CONNECT  

Update Your Email Bill Information
  Dear Telstra BigPond User , 

Telstra BigPond is sending you this e-mail to inform you that our service to you could be suspended. 
This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. You have changed your billing address.
2. You have Submitted incorrect information during bill payment process.
3. Your credit/debit card has expired.
4. You didn't update your bigpond profile.

According to above, and to ensure that your service is not interrupted
We request you to confirm and update your billing information now by clicking Continue.

you can do so via www.telstra.com/myaccount.

If you have already confirmed your billing information then please disregard this message
As we are processing the changes you have made.

Regards,

Gerd Schenkel
Executive Director, Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Thanks for your co-operation

Privacy | Our Customer Terms | Contact Us  

To stop receiving Email Bill, click here

We're aiming to improve how we interact with you online. If you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them - just let us know on our CrowdSupport® forum (login required) at telstra.com.au/ideas.

The contents of this email are strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (including any attachments) is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify Telstra immediately and then delete the message from your system.

The spectrum device is a trade mark of Telstra Corporation Limited. ™ and ® are trade marks and registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556

Post edited to remove Phishing link.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: I am unsure if this email is a hoax or not?

As Chegzilla has already said, this look like a hoax,  a "phishing" email.

When you clicked the link, it would have taken you to a site that is NOT telstra, merely looks like it (beacsue they steal the graphics etc).

Any time you get an email with a link in it, just hover your cursor over it, and it should come up with a "tool tip" that gives you the actual address the link will take you to.

My bet is it's some hijacked server somewhere.

As Chegzilla mentioned, if you fel you have compromised your financial details, make sure you fix that IMMEDIATELY.

If it asked you to confirm your password to your telstra account, make sure you change your password IMMEDIATELY.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 10: Junior Detective

This appears to be a fake website.

Telstra will never advise you to correct and billing details online, only in store or through one of the dedicated billing support telephone numbers. If you believe your financial security has been compromised, contact your financial institution immediately.

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

As Chegzilla has already said, this look like a hoax,  a "phishing" email.

When you clicked the link, it would have taken you to a site that is NOT telstra, merely looks like it (beacsue they steal the graphics etc).

Any time you get an email with a link in it, just hover your cursor over it, and it should come up with a "tool tip" that gives you the actual address the link will take you to.

My bet is it's some hijacked server somewhere.

As Chegzilla mentioned, if you fel you have compromised your financial details, make sure you fix that IMMEDIATELY.

If it asked you to confirm your password to your telstra account, make sure you change your password IMMEDIATELY.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit