Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I can't pay my bill through the Telstra site and they don't recognise my account.

I can't load my banking details for direct debit, can't speak to any one and the Telstra homepage sends you to dead links on a website. I literally can't pay my bill no matter what I do. I can't even pay through the bank because they don't have BPay details on the one they send via email. This company is so badly run. Covid makes them a joke. My parents have no internet and you can't actually get through to anyone. They might as well just admit they don't offer any services and be done with it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: I can't pay my bill through the Telstra site and they don't recognise my account.

I haven't been able to get through to Telstra support for days. And I want to report my dreadfully slow $90 per month ADSL service is down. Dead. Not working.

I phone Telstra tech support, and a recorded message tells me they're busy looking after all their staff and customers and can't talk to me. SO I should download and install the Telstra App on my mobile phone if I want to communicate with them.

But that requires the internet. And our Telstra ADSL service is down.

And Telstra is a monopoly at our exchange.

I would love to find out who designed this Kafkaesque message system.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I can't pay my bill through the Telstra site and they don't recognise my account.

I've never seen a Telstra Bill that doesn't have the BPay details on it. If you open the PDF, they are at the bottom of the first page.

Or open the My Telstra app on your mobile, got to Payments and scroll down. The BPay details are there (along with a link to set up a direct debit).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit