Level 2: Rookie

I have an unopened $40 SIM card. I would like to return it for refund.

Please provide RMA and refund process details.

Order code was: Telstra order reference #PPST51769756

Order date 18/11/2020 12:05:22

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I have an unopened $40 SIM card. I would like to return it for refund.

Telstra don't take change of mind returns as a general rule.

You could query it by sending a message using the My Telstra App (or Livechat) on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. You can mark the message as urgent by tapping on the 3 dots in the top right of the messaging screen. If you use the app, you will receive a notification through the app when someone responds. It can take a few hours to get a response.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Hi there

I don't want to install the app. Please give me the Livechat link.

Thanks

Luke

If you click on the word Livechat in my previous response, it will take you right to it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Oh thanks for that.

It's not really working for me.

Please open an RMA for me to return the SIM card for refund.

Guess what? You'll have to do what you don't want to do and install the My Telstra app.

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to account information or billing systems. We are customers, just like you.

The packet clearly says on the back: "You may return the Pre-paid SIM kit within 30 days if you have not activated the service."

I'd like an authorised Telstra representative to contact me regarding this issue.  Please supply me with the information I need to return the SIM card.  I can take it to a local Telstra shop if needed.

You need to send a message using the My Telstra app. That is your only option at the moment. Nobody here has the information to give to you to be able to return it. There are no consultants in this forum. It is primarily a customer helping other customers type forum.

I was referred here by a Telstra call center that could not help me resolve my request, so I am hoping that the crowd support is in fact moderated by an authorised Telstra official who will in fact reach out and assist me.  Looks like this has happened on other threads.

Hello?  Please assist.

Level 23: Superhero

Please accept what you have been advised. We are ALL customers like you. Telstra do not provide customer service here.

We volunteer our time to help people, and you need to accept the advice you have been given.

There is a major difference between social media moderation and online sales/billing/accounts customer service with account and system access.

Absolutely no one here has account access. Period.

Thank you.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

The call centre should not have referred you here. It is something that only they can assist you with.

Apparently the call center cannot do refunds or organise returns.  They offered to transfer my refund as credit to another Telstra account.  That doesn't get my money back.

Finally Telstra complaints have called and given me a reference number to take it back to a local store.

Crazy.

This telecommunications company has ironically gone out of its way to dissuade people from communicating with it.  I want to supply feedback around the difficulty I've had trying to get in touch with Telstra.  And I certainly am dissuaded from any future business with them.

On the positive side, the complaints department seems to be responsive.

Go to a Telstra owned store if possible. The stock control systems have different coding for Company owned and Franchise stores. Should be a simple process through a Telstra owned store.

Check the stores in your local area by going to https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore and pick one that doesn't have "licensee operated" next to it.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit