CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

IG8 Pty Ltd

Hi Guy's

Can anyone help me get rid of IG8 Pty Ltd from my husbands phone? He has not subscribed to anything on his mobile but has been charged $6.60 at least twice a month  for the last 9 months, I only noticed it on my bill this month. I have spoken to Telstra who are given me a refund but they cannot stop future monies, I have tried to call the number on my bill for this company but there are only 2 options which need a code to progress. Does anyone have any suggestions as I have seen their name before. Thank you in advance for your time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: IG8 Pty Ltd

Hey Chamber,

Welcome to CrowdSupport

Have you checked the number from which the texts come at 19sms.com.au? There's a search tool on the right, enter the number the text came from and the date the text was received, and unsubscription instructions will be displayed with some other information about the provider of those texts.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I have read a lot of these blogs about ig8 in fact I have contacted them to stop billing us every month

and received the same **bleep** as others "we'll send you a check out" that never shows up. I've had it and now will be passing this on to the Telecommunications Ombudsmen and while I'm at it the AAAC Telsra are not any help what so ever. 

Highlighted

Don't waste your time contact the telecommunications Ombudsmen or AAAC you will have better results I'm going through the Same grap.

Good luck tho
Highlighted

Just spent sometime with the Telstra help people. I was able to have them bar PSMS and to cease the subscription from the mob. I have also been able to get Telstar to provide a $5 credit for the charges made by IG8.

Spend the time with the 13 22 00 and have the matter escalated. Took some time but next months bill will see if I have succeeded.
Highlighted

Yes success IG8 Pty Ltd is now banned from my phone. Telstra have agreed to refund the account with the charges from IG8 over the last three months. Took some effort BUT THANKS TELSTRA.
Highlighted

I also have just noticed that my Telstra bill has 3 separate charges over 3 months for this service to IG8 PTY LTD or Magic Planet at $6.60 per charge yet I know nothing about it and did not sub scribe to this service, after a phone call to Telstra billing and a lady with a bad ascent that I had a lot of trouble to under stand her I can only hope that it is fixed she gave me a phone number to send a text to saying stop got a reply back saying that all services are stopped and gives me a number (19909898)  and then Magic Planet help: 1800_856918 as I did not subscribe to this number I know nothing about it the Telstra lady said it was something to do with games ?? I do not play games on my phone this is a scam to make money pitty we can not get some body that speaks good English on the phone  as they hard to understand and even worse when you have a hearing problem

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit