Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Internet mares - new non-telstra modem/router (not really by choice)

So we've had no luck with support calls, chat sessions, complaints.

Just the worst customer service experience ever... 

but the situation is this: there was a storm, the internet stopped working. The first thing we thought was the router/modem got fried (a Telstra gateway one). But then the outage site said there was an outage in the area so we thought we'd be patient. So no communications later I asked the question using an online form and got no response so I started a chat session. Following teh troubleshooting it did appear to be the modem so the support dude almost ordered us a new one (we a contracted and the modem is still in warranty). Except he then spotted this outage and told me to wait. 

Long story short many exasperating phone calls later like some mad twilight zone episode, and eventually a visit from engineer confirming our suspicions, and another phone call assuring us a replacement would happen at a Telstra store (it didn't) we ended up taking matters into our own hands and bought a Belkin AC1200 DB (having talked to a JB HIFi telstra representative - who assured us it would work).

It doesn't. So if anyone has a clue on how to help us I would greatly appreciate it. 

Have tried numerous config settings using PPPOE and Big Pond account details and it just keeps telling me to restart the modem and that the ISP isn't allowing the connection.

I've tried Telstra and they are totally useless so perhaps someone else can help. Belkin tried but the issue seems at the Telstra side.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Internet mares - new non-telstra modem/router (not really by choice)

no idea what I did apart from a full reset on the router back to factory settings then let it run it's auto scripts again. Now works. No PPPoE manual config required.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Internet mares - new non-telstra modem/router (not really by choice)

Great to hear that Unhappyweare, thanks heaps for the update. 

Kind Regards. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit