CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Invalid charge on bill that Telstra can't remove

Hello,

Back in November I received a bill that said I had cancelled my phone plan and signed up to a new one. I didn't do that.

This has left me with a couple of problems, firstly I'm on a plan that I don't want, and secondly, because it was only a month or two into my plan there was a charge for $1294.77 to pay out the phone I received with that plan.

I went to Telstra's website and did a chat with support about it, the result was that the Telstra staff member that processed the plan change was to call me. After a couple of weeks of waiting I decided to do another online chat, the same thing happened and the staff member that processed the plan was asked to call me, again they didn't. Another 2-3 weeks and another chat, same result. A few weeks later I called and was told that the only thing they could do was ask the staff member to call me, again they didn't. A week or so later another call where I was assured that they would call me and there was nothing else that could be done - of course nobody called.

In each call/chat I was also told that there had been a dispute put on my account and that I shouldn't receive any notices about being disconnected/etc - except that I do keep receiving those notices about imminent disconnection.

I get the feeling that I am not able to talk to anybody at Telstra that is able to revert the change on my account so I'm in a loop waiting for someone to call me that will obviously never call.

Does anybody have a suggestion on what I could try to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Joe

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Invalid charge on bill that Telstra can't remove

I don't know what they expect that person to be able to do. Chances are they wouldn't be able to move you back onto the old plan anyway as it is likely discontinued. That being said, try calling lodging an official complaint and see if the complaints team can find a suitable resolution for you. http://telstra.com/complaints

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Joe,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out in CrowdSupport, I can understand this would be quite a frustrating experience. DrQ is correct in advising that lodging a complaint is the next best step in finding a resolution to your concerns.

Information on our complaints process is available via https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/681....

I'm confident we'll do all we can to resolve this matter quickly for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you both for you quick and helpful replies. I will lodge a complaint as you suggest.

Thanks again,

Joe

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Not a problem at all, you're most welcome Joe.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit