Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Is this Fraud or a Telstra mistake?

I’m a prepaid mobile customer. I just opened the 24/7 app to check how many days I had left before I need to recharge when I happened to notice what looked suspiciously like a bill sitting there. “That’s a bit odd” I thought to myself as I clicked on what turned out to be a bill for $126, this being the first monthly bill of the new two year plan for a mobile + an IPhone X handset in my name THAT I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT! How can this be? I tried to get someone from Telstra to chat with me but this isn’t possible coz it’s the middle of the night and it turns out they’re not 24/7 at all. I’m kind of worried this is the start of some identity theft disaster😳

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Is this Fraud or a Telstra mistake?

It could be either of the two. Give Telstra a call this morning and try to find out what's happened. While you're at it, lodge a formal complaint so that it is registered as well as it will save some time if it needs to be escalated.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit