Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Is this Telstra Email Genuine?

I have just received an email supposedly from Bigpond saying my account has some security issues and needed to be fixed at once in order to avoid suspension it had a click here area to login and confirm my account. It was signed off Bigpond Member Service with a copyright mark 2015 Bigpond| All Rights Reserved. No logos etc. 

I logged into my account via the internet and found no issues or messages there. So deleted this email as I would any scam email. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Is this Telstra Email Genuine?

I am going to suggest that it would be highly likely a scam. Most are now signed off as Telstra rather than BigPond and I believe they normally tell you to sign into My Account rather than even having a link to My Account.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Re: Is this Telstra Email Genuine?

Hi, Bippy1,

Definitely not genuine! It was a phishing attempt to fraudulently acquire your account details by masquerading as  , hence the "click here to login" area.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit