Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Issues with a Go Swap Phone Ordered online - now being CHARGED for it!

Hi guys - This is kind of my final resort before heading to the Ombudsman.... Looooong story - but I upgraded my phone online using a Go Swap Option. Yes it was available, yes I ticked all the boxes and confirmed my phone's IMEI number, etc etc. Like it does now it clearly says "Pick your new phone and plan and a Star Track satchel will be sent to return your old phone" blah blah blah. My phone arrived and of course - no return satchel. I contacted sales immediately via chat and was told the satchels normally are sent out within 3-5 days of the phone arriving. I have this chat saved. 5 days go and I get worried as I was told I need to return the old phone within 14 days. I contact them again. I was promised I will not be charged for the phone, and another request for a satchel was sent out. Again I have this chat saved. I was really starting to panic now so I took the phone into a Telstra store in Townsville. They refused the phone as they were not "Telstra" per say, but a retail outlet. They again promised I would not be charged for the phone. I go home and contact again via Chat - again promised phone will not be billed to me even though it was now 14 days since I received my new phone - and gave me a PO Box number to send the phone too (along with a new return satchel, just to be safe). I send phone away, all reset, no tracking on phone, etc, along with copies of all chats. Of course, NONE of the requested return satchels have arrived. Long story but I have gone through a couple more phones since then (one broke, one was faulty and I just decided I HAD to have the Note 8 which I'm now in LOVE with). When the Note 8 arrived, I had it sent to my home address as I would not be at work the day I knew it would arrive. The lady who delivered it asked me if I used to live at X address - to which I said "yes, but haven't for over a YEAR!". She said that something was delivered to that address just yesterday and returned to the Startrack office, and I could pick it up there. I go and collect it - and it's the phone I'm trying to return!! all over it written return rejected as it was past the date allowed!! I'm shaking as I write this I'm so mad!!! Not only was I returned the phone and charged for it DESPITE me sending all chats promising I wouldn't be charged for a phone and demonstrating how many times I had tried to return it, but they sent it to an address that I haven't even lived at for over a year! I have had 4 phones now delivered to NOT that address, and they send it back TO THAT ADDRESS!! MY RETURN ADDRESS ON THE BACK OF THE PACKAGE WAS EVEN ON THE BACK!!! What happens if the delivery woman had of been different to the one who delivered it to the man who said I never lived there!? Phone would be floating around and I would be charged for it! Like I am now!! When I got it back I was shaking in anger - I had queried the charge for the phone when it first showed up as an "un-returned phone" on my bill and of course was PROMISED the charge would be taken off the bill once it was "processed through our warehouse". and yes I have THAT chat transcript saved as well. I have them all. This time instead of chat I rang somebody. I explained the ENTIRE history and she had me on the phone for over half an hour. She "processed" the return and said a return satchel would be sent out. Well surprise surprise - a week and a half later NO RETURN SATCHEL!!! I have had to ask for a payment extension as I STILL CANNOT RETURN THE DAMN PHONE!! I have contacted chat again who PROMISED me it was on it's way - another chat saved - but nothing. I still have the phone, it's in pristine reset condition and I WILL NOT BE PAYING FOR IT AS I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO RETURN IT!!! Unless this is sorted I just don't know what else to do but go to the ombudsmen - I AM NOT PAYING FOR A PHONE I HAVE DESPERATELY TRIED TO RETURN FOR NEARLY 2 MONTHS! Anybody got any ideas or can TELSTRA PLEASE SORT THIS OUT!?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Re: Issues with a Go Swap Phone Ordered online - now being CHARGED for it!

Hi krs04,
I totally feel your frustration . So I would recommend to call Telstra at 132200 to get this rectified.
Always here to help. Please don't forget to click the Like button if you "like" what I suggested Smiley Happy

I have. That is the person who said they were "processing" the return and now still no return satchel a week and a half later. I'm doing everything I can to return the phone and I can't!
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi krs04,

I can appreciate your frustration and I apologise that this hasn't been resolved for you yet. Do you have a reference number from when you last contact us about this? Examples of our reference numbers can be found here What Reference Numbers can I obtain from Telstra?

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

The last reference I have is 1-1375751316101.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

In this case krs04, I recommend raising a complaint and your case manager will follow this up further with you: Lodging a complaint with Telstra 

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hilarious. Three attempts to lodge a complaint using the link you gave me, all with correct details filled out and it continually comes up with "Sorry we've encountered an error". So now I can't even lodge a complaint!!!
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Please clear your cache and restart or use another internet browser or device (e.g. PC or laptop). Please also ensure that you only provide a brief summary and don't exceed the character limit. If you continue to have problems using the web form, please call 132200 and say "Complaint".

- Tim 

Highlighted

Did all that. tried on PC, "Sorry, we've encountered an error. Please try again later". Switched from Fox to Chrome. "Sorry, we've encountered an error. Please try again later". Seeing effin'g red. I want it in WRITING, not on phone as seeing talking to people on the phone gets you NOTHING.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit