FUc1
Level 2: Rookie

keep getting billing notification after closing account

for about a year I have been trying to close my account - many visits to the shop front (they only want to sell) and many on-line chats and assurances and even an email stating all close and nothing owed - done and dusted after about 25 accumulated hours of trying to resolve. OMG another email advising me of an account being due. Do I have to write to the consumer affairs people or the Minister for COmms to get a simple thing sorted???????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: keep getting billing notification after closing account

Lodge it as a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
FUc1
Level 2: Rookie

Unfortunately the on-line form does not accept the requested birth date - despite trying all normal forms of such dates.....  Is there something particularly different for Telstra?

Jupiter

It needs to be in the form of 23-11-1963

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TC00
Level 1: Cadet

@Jupiter wrote:

Lodge it as a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

I've just tried this too - trying to close an account where I keep getting reminders every month for $0.11!! Far less than the cost of sending me the mail, and also less than the bill payment page allows you to enter. Fingers cross the complaint works.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit