Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Landline to mobile

Answered

Could someone please advise if there is a fee when you ring a mobile that is not switched on.

Hubby tried to ring me on my mobile but rang the wrong number.  I have another mobile that is left in the car for emergencies.  This mobile is not switched on, nor is it programmed to accept voicemail or messaging.

Three calls were made to this number from our home phone, before he realised his mistake. The mobile was switched off -  so calls were not connected and no message or voicemail authorised, but the home account was billed 85c per call.  Is  this correct??

Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Landline to mobile

Hi Cassandra,

If the call never connected there should be no charge. Have you confirmed that there's no form of message bank when a call goes unanswered? On most Telstra services when messagebank is completely removed there is still a very basic Voice to Text function that will kick in. 

- Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

We can check that for you securely via Billing Chat and make adjustments to your message options 24x7 here Smiley Happy

http://tel.st/49kl

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi Cassandra,

If the call never connected there should be no charge. Have you confirmed that there's no form of message bank when a call goes unanswered? On most Telstra services when messagebank is completely removed there is still a very basic Voice to Text function that will kick in. 

- Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info.  How do I find out if there is some form of voice to text that is still there and if so, can I remove it?  Also, if I can remove it, how do I go about it?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

We can check that for you securely via Billing Chat and make adjustments to your message options 24x7 here Smiley Happy

http://tel.st/49kl

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit