LC93
Level 1: Cadet

late payments

My bill is overdue and I have received a letter to pay it by 24th Jan. However im not able to pay it till the 28th Jan... I know my services will most likely be restricted but was wondering if I have to pay my feb bill as well to get service back?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: late payments

G'day LC93, and welcome to CrowdSupport.

Is your bill already overdue and you got a  last reminder?

Best to ring accounts,

AFAIK, a paying a few days late results in a late fee on your next bill, and that's about it, unless it's well past overdue.

You can usually ask billing for an extension, or consideration.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: late payments

Hey LC93,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

LC93, As Wanglese suggest, please do contact us to get a payment extension as this will prevent your services from being suspended while we hold off collection on your account.

There is no need to pay the Feb. bill, you can also make another payment extension on this once you've paid your January bill. Generally we can give you up to 4 weeks from the day you've called to bring your accounty balance to zero including the next overdue bill. I hope that helps.

You can submit your request for payment extension online or by calling 13 22 00 (24x7) and say 'payment extension' when prompted by the IVR. Lastly, a late fee will be charged on your account. Thanks LC93.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit