Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Voice Adjustment Fee

Hi All, 

I just rejoined Telstra under a $149 plan. One would assume your first bill would be $149. 

However, I received a $650.58 bill. 

There are two components I want to question. 

What is a Mobile Voice Adjustment - They charged $301.91 fee for this. 

Telstra has billed me for the next month's fees prior to the service being provided. 

The portal seems to send me on a merry go around in trying to submit my application and some components of the website don't work. I get an Error 404 message. 

What would be the best process to dispute this prior to going to the Telecommunications Ombudsman? 

Thanks in advance. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile Voice Adjustment Fee

Not sure what the Mobile Voice Adjustment charge would be for.

Yes, you get billed in advance for your service. The first month is a Prorata of the period from the commencement of service, until the new billing period commencement date, plus the following month.

To contact billing, you will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi tries to redirect you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human. The wait times for a response can be a few hours.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Mobile Voice Adjustment Fee

Thanks. Codi seemed a little soulless. I'll try that. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit