Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Modem has not arrived

Order 1-2465499952168.
On 21st May we decided to switch our NBN ISP to Telstra and ordered a Smart Modem. It has not arrived and we have had no further advice. I realise that this is an unprecedented time but to receive no advice in almost three weeks and with no ability to speak to a customer service representative due to Telstra not attending to such matters, is utterly ridiculous coming from our country's major service provider. We sincerely regret making this decision to switch over to Telstra. How can we check the status of this order OR cancel it? Any time that I attempt to track it, I get the same message "In progress". We have been sent "Plan Details" and are worried that we will be charged for the plan without even being connected. How can we get some reasurance that we will eventually receive a modem????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent

Re: Modem has not arrived

Hi @KezzaGee 

sorry to hear about your frustrating circumstances.

I tracked your order as well and got the same response you did.

try calling 1800 834 273

If they cant help you private msg me.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

I’ve had a similar issue. Ordered a iPhone 11 Pro Max in April- it was advertised as 1-2 days delivery for metro areas. After a week it had not come so went into the store to enquire as there wasn’t any tracking information. They said it would come in three weeks if they got stock in then. As I needed a new phone for work I attempted to cancel and they refused saying it was past the point of no return despite not even having stock and falsely advertising wait times. Three weeks passed and the phone still hasn’t arrived and no available tracking. I am being billed for the new phone and it hasn’t even been sent and they cannot cancel it, over the phone, via chat or in person. I have reported them to the telco ombudsman but have to give them another nonetheless to resolve the issue. All I want is to cancel with Telstra and go elsewhere. They have wasted so much of my time and their pens staffs time dealing with an issue none of them are trained to resolve. They continue to advertise products online they don’t have in stock and refuse to cancel orders. I’ve decided to not pay anything until they settle this because They have not even supplied the product or service I am being billed for.  I recommend making a complaint as soon as possible because they will drag it out for months and ignore you!

Highlighted

Update: order from mid April still hasn’t arrived. And they still can’t tell me when, and still won’t cancel it. 

Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent

Hi @Drew892 

unfortunately once you raise a complaint threw  the TIO.

You have to wait to be contacted buy a specialized team at Telstra, as your problem would have been assigned to a case manager.

no one can touch your inquiry apart from your case manager now sorry.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit