SatayBabi
Level 2: Rookie

Multiple issues with my account / services / rewards gold membership.

Apologies posted this question in the wrong forum just now, hopefully this is the correct place

Since late February when I added an NBN plan to my services, I have had multiple issues without resolution.

. Most functions within my services (pay bill, view usage, change plan etc) via both the application or logged into web browser return either "404 not found" or "Oops something went wrong"

. I am a gold rewards member, I can not redeem any points via the application or web browser (same errors as above).

. As a gold member a free bonus is the Telstra TV Box, but due to the issues above I could not redeem it, so I added it to my internet service when I signed up. I was also under the impression it would be charged monthly, not upfront. In any event I have been trying to get the fee for that TV Box removed as I should be able to claim a free one as gold member.

. I requested also to combine my accounts / services into one as this is when all the problems started to occur when the second internet service was added as another account.

. Gold rewards Premium support is nothing but problems as they keep saying that I am not a gold member when trying to help me, but I am as I have one account with 4 mobile services, and then the new internet service account which appears to be linked to a different rewards account.

. The one time that someone actually called me when I first logged a problem via the message app, they asked me for my password for my Rewards account so they could log in and see the problem, at which point I ended the conversation.

Can I get my 2 account merged into 1. Can I also get the charge for the Telstra TV Box removed from my bill and covered under the one I am elligable for as a gold member, which I cannot even redeem due to the errors above anyway and I dont need 2 of them at this point.

How can I be a gold member for my mobile phone services but not internet? I am one customer, should these not be merged into one. I am being told that I cannot claim the telstra tv box for internet as I am not a gold member, yet as a gold member I can discuss issues via the premium gold member support messaging app for all my services.

All of my dealings with Telstra up until I added internest service have been great, but this is has not been ideal. The actual internet connection has been fine, just everything else with my accounts has been broken since.

I dont know where else to try to get this resolved.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
SatayBabi

Multiple problems accessing my account services since adding Internet Service

Since late February when I added an NBN plan to my services, I have had multiple issues without resolution.
. Most functions within my services (pay bill, view usage, change plan etc) via both the application or logged into web browser return either "404 not found" or "Oops something went wrong"

. I am a gold rewards member, I can not redeem any points via the application or web browser (same errors as above).

. As a gold member a free bonus is the Telstra TV Box, but due to the issues above I could not redeem it, so I added it to my internet service when I signed up. I was also under the impression it would be charged monthly, not upfront. In any event I have been trying to get the fee for that TV Box removed as I should be able to claim a free one as gold member.

. I requested also to combine my accounts / services into one as this is when all the problems started to occur when the second internet service was added as another account.

. Gold rewards Premium support is nothing but problems as they keep saying that I am not a gold member when trying to help me, but I am as I have one account with 4 mobile services, and then the new internet service account which appears to be linked to a different rewards account.

. The one time that someone actually called me when I first logged a problem via the message app, they asked me for my password for my Rewards account so they could log in and see the problem, at which point I ended the conversation.

Can I get my 2 account merged into 1. Can I also get the charge for the Telstra TV Box removed from my bill and covered under the one I am elligable for as a gold member, which I cannot even redeem due to the errors above anyway and I dont need 2 of them at this point.

How can I be a gold member for my mobile phone services but not internet? I am one customer, should these not be merged into one. I am being told that I cannot claim the telstra tv box for internet as I am not a gold member, yet as a gold member I can discuss issues via the premium gold member support messaging app for all my services.

All of my dealings with Telstra up until I added internest service have been great, but this is has not been ideal. The actual internet connection has been fine, just everything else with my accounts has been broken since.

SatayBabi

Re: Multiple problems accessing my account services since adding Internet Service

I have posted this in the wrong area also, which wasnt clear when I was trying to post in the first place.

SatayBabi

Re: Multiple problems accessing my account services since adding Internet Service

Resolving this have now posted in another forum. 

SatayBabi

Many issues with my Accounts / Services

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Multiple issues with my account / services / rewards gold membership.

Yes, you can get two accounts merged into one. You just need to ask a consultant to do that.

Yes, there are problems with the Telstra Plus system at the moment. I cannot access the rewards store at the moment either (happened some time during the past week or two).

It could be a problem getting the cost of the Telstra TV removed from your account as the Gold Member Offer is a specific offer separate to the regular billing systems.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jupiter

Re: Many issues with my Accounts / Services

Your other option is to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

It will take around 5 business days to get an initial response.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SatayBabi

Re: Multiple issues with my account / services / rewards gold membership.

Thanks Jupiter.   

I did already ask the merge, but have been going around in circles from the beginning requesting the same problem to be looked at.   Mainly the fact I cant use the app itself also to mange any of my accounts as it throws the same errors as rewards plus.  

SatayBabi

Yeah I was actually going through that process to log a complaint as well.  Thanks. 

SatayBabi

Which goes through the same messaging application that I have been using and going around in circles Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit