Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

MULTIPLE PRODUCT & MEMBER BENEFITS

Answered

I am considering renewing my Bigpond internet contract shortly and need clarification on the above Benefits.

Currently I have on a single bill, Homeline Plus, $30 Mobile (under contract until Nov 14), and an 8 Gb Mobile internet Bigpond plan. The total monthly cost of these is more than $89. At the moment I receive a Member benefit and Multiple Product Benefit, each $10 giving a total benefit combined of $20.

I have asked at the Telstra store and online about my eligibility to continue to receive the Member Benefit and the Multiple Product Benefit if I renew my contract.................i get conflicting answers, and cannot find any clarity on the Telstra website.

My Questions:

1. If I renew my Bigpond contract for 24 months, will I be eligible to receive the Multiple Product Benefit of $10 and the Member Benefit of $10 (Total Benefit $20)

Also with respect to my fixed phone - As a previous employee of Telstra, I receive an Alumni discount and up until my last bill was receiving 'free local calls'. Some years back I enquired about the Centrelink, Age Pensioner discount and was informed that as I received 'free local calls i was not eligible for the Pensioner Discount. Without any notice the free local calls were discontinued from my account. No reason was given, it was just actioned in some dark room. I questioned the removal online and was told that free calls were discontinued in November 2013. I pointed out that I had not received any advice and asked for a reference to the change. No reference was given. I have now been advised that I can either opt for the Pensioner Discount or the Alumni discount but not both.

Could you please clarify these issues for me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: MULTIPLE PRODUCT & MEMBER BENEFITS

Thanks Esther for your prompt response,

What prompted me to try to get clarification on the Multiple Product and Member Benefits was that I convinced my brother to upgrade from ADSL2+ to Bigpond Mobile internet about 2 weeks back. He has Homeline plus, one mobile phone on a $30 plan and another mobile on a $20 plan, plus his Bigpond ADSL2+ all on one bill at the time of recontracting. I went with him to the local Telstra store and went through the process of recontracting for 24months Bigpond mobile internet with the Advance modem. ($48 upfront for equipment)

The store Consultant rang Bigpond at the time and advise us that the Benefit name had changed however the two $10 benefits would be available. The store consultant has since contacted my brother indicating that he is only eligible for one of the benefits and that an upfront payment would be made to compensate him for the other payment. So you can see why i am wondering what is going on...........I feel that I have led him up the wrong path.  As well as needing clarity for my recontract with Bigpond, I would like to ensure that Telstra does the right thing as far as he is concerned. This really is a bad situation where different sections of Telstra are making 'off the cuff' decisions which impact on a customers bill. 

I will take your response to the Telstra store so that they can sort themselves out.

Feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss tha matter in more detail.

Thanks again for your response

Phil_

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Phil_

Yes the Member & Multiple product benefit is available for your Mobile Broadband plan as per our eligibility requirements:

New customers and existing customers who sign up to or re-contract on a new eligible 24 month Mobile Broadband plan and meet the eligibility requirements.

In regards to the Alumni discount

The 10% discount applies to up to five "in market" Post-Paid Consumer Mobile Plans (accounts starting with 2000) which includes data+ Tablet Plans.

You can only get the Alumni 10% discount off a total combination of up to five mobile phone / tablet plans (Pre-Paid doesn't count), provided you’re the legal lessee on those plans. 

The Alumni program has a dedicated resource to help members (and potential members). You can direct any queries to our website here https://alumni.telstra.com.au/web/guest/home or email the Alumni program at alumni@team.telstra.com

In regards to your Pensioner discount, 

To receive this discount, customers must:

• Be a Telstra Consumer Fixed Line customer directly billed by Telstra for line rental and local calls, and be on one of these eligible HomeLine plans: 

• HomeLine Advanced
      • HomeLine Anytime
      • HomeLine Budget
      • HomeLine Complete
      • HomeLine Freedom
      • HomeLine Local
      • HomeLine Plus
    • HomeLine Reach
    • HomeLine Smart
    • HomeLine Together
    • HomeLine Ultimate
    • HomeLine Value $50
    • HomeLine Value $60

• Have a valid Pension Concession Card in their name issued by the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) or the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)

• Have one of the approved Pension Concession types. 

• Have a Pension Concession Card in a name that matches the Telstra service Legal Lessee in first name, surname and date of birth.

• Not have an expired Pension Concession card

• Give consent to Telstra validating these details by allowing us to use their CRN to access the Centrelink Confirmation eService to determine if they're eligible to receive or continue to receive the Telstra Pensioner Discount. 

If your card has expired then you are required to get in touch with us to update these details to ensure your details are up to date and you continue to recieve the discounts if you are eligible for them, you can get in touch with us on 132200 or via chat here 

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks Esther for your prompt response,

What prompted me to try to get clarification on the Multiple Product and Member Benefits was that I convinced my brother to upgrade from ADSL2+ to Bigpond Mobile internet about 2 weeks back. He has Homeline plus, one mobile phone on a $30 plan and another mobile on a $20 plan, plus his Bigpond ADSL2+ all on one bill at the time of recontracting. I went with him to the local Telstra store and went through the process of recontracting for 24months Bigpond mobile internet with the Advance modem. ($48 upfront for equipment)

The store Consultant rang Bigpond at the time and advise us that the Benefit name had changed however the two $10 benefits would be available. The store consultant has since contacted my brother indicating that he is only eligible for one of the benefits and that an upfront payment would be made to compensate him for the other payment. So you can see why i am wondering what is going on...........I feel that I have led him up the wrong path.  As well as needing clarity for my recontract with Bigpond, I would like to ensure that Telstra does the right thing as far as he is concerned. This really is a bad situation where different sections of Telstra are making 'off the cuff' decisions which impact on a customers bill. 

I will take your response to the Telstra store so that they can sort themselves out.

Feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss tha matter in more detail.

Thanks again for your response

Phil_

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Since getting the advice via Crowd Support that the Multiple Product and Member Benefits are still available, I have been advised at my local Telstra Store that this is incorrect and that Bigpond will no longer Honour both. I was advised that Bigpond will only honour one of these benefits being a total of $10.

I wonder how Telstra staff can continue to provide sound customer information when the guides and the information on the Telstra web site is so scattered and unclear. Looks like I just embark on a coms package and wait until my next bill comes in to see what I have committed too on a 24 month contract. Is this the way it should operate? I dont think so.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Phil_ 

Based on your initial query it does sound like you are eligible, without looking at your account I can't confirm for sure.

Your brother's situation is different & has a combination of different products and eligibility requirements, so best that he gets in touch with us to confirm eligibility as we will need to sight the services on his account.

I've sent you a private message to confirm the eligibility for your account further

Thanks 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit