Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

My bill has just increased after less than a year. Pensioner discount?

I have had a Telstra mobile for many years.  It is not a smart phone.  I am retired and hardly use the phone.  For many years I was on a $30.00 per month plan.  This increased to $35.00 in September 2019.  Now today, 28 April 2020 it has jumped without warning to $40.00 in less than a year.  I think this is price gouging!  Am I entitled to a pensioner discount to reduce these outrageous price hikes?  Thanks   

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: My bill has just increased after less than a year. Pensioner discount?

@Frustrated98 wrote:

I have had a Telstra mobile for many years.  It is not a smart phone.  I am retired and hardly use the phone.  For many years I was on a $30.00 per month plan.  This increased to $35.00 in September 2019.  Now today, 28 April 2020 it has jumped without warning to $40.00 in less than a year.  I think this is price gouging!  Am I entitled to a pensioner discount to reduce these outrageous price hikes?  Thanks   

Hi @Frustrated98 

You would be better of going with Telstra's little brother Belong Mobile.

They offer a $10 a month unlimited plan on national and mobile numbers. And free 1300 numbers if you use them to pay bills. As well a 1GB a month and any unused data goes into an unlimited bank so you can use it anytime.

https://www.belong.com.au/mobile/plans 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit